Church in Utah sends 49 people to hospital due to carbon monoxide poisoning. (Part-2)

According to Curtis, the first ambulance took patients to hospitals at 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, and the final one came back at 10 a.m. on Monday.

Hyperbaric chambers are designed to heal the body by supplying the blood with pure oxygen at high air pressure levels, which can repair tissues.

Due to its lack of smell and flu-like symptoms, carbon monoxide poisoning can be hard to detect.

Curtis commented, "I've never seen it on this scale." He had encountered a number of smaller incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning during his time as a police officer, including a few that ended in fatalities.

Three men from Missouri were found dead last month, and authorities are investigating possible carbon monoxide poisoning. The identical gas was responsible for the deaths of three American guests at a Bahamian resort in May 2022.

During the winter, when temperatures drop and heating systems are on all the time, the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning increases, according to the CDC.

Various equipment, including vehicles heated in garages, stoves, lanterns, portable generators, furnaces, and more, can release fumes containing carbon monoxide, as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). People and animals alike are at risk of death if the gas accumulates in confined areas.

Headaches, vertigo, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest discomfort, and disorientation are all symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the CDC. Some people, especially those who have been drinking or who are sleeping, may not experience the effects of poisoning for a long time.

Follow for more updates.